3D Systems and GF Machining Solutions Integrating Additive and Subtractive ManufacturingSeptember 19, 2018
· Printer Module (PTM): designed to withstand the rigors of 24/7 production cycles enabling maximum printer uptime and output.
· Removable Print Module (RPM): sealed module for powder and part transport between printer, powder, and transport modules featuring a vacuum chamber to ensure the lowest O2 content and enabling high-quality 3D-printed metal parts. Powder waste is eliminated, as the vacuum chamber guarantees consistent high material quality, sufficient to be reused to depletion.
· Powder Management Module (PMM): efficiently de-powders parts on build platforms, automatically recycles unused powder materials, and prepares the RPM for the next build.
· Transport Module (TRM): enables efficient movement of the RPMs between printer and powder modules, reducing production time.
· Parking Module (PAM): provides interim storage of RPMs in an inert environment until ready for further progression in the workflow (stores a fully prepared RPM for its next print job while the PTM finishes the previous print job).
View Glossary of 3D Metal Printing Terms
Technologies: Powder-Bed Systems
Metal 3D-Printed Frame Propels Cyclist to Speed Record
Thursday, December 15, 2022
3D Systems Adds Zuiker as Executive VP, Promotes Stucker to ...
Friday, December 9, 2022